Wednesday, May 10, 2006

2006 Season Preview

The Trump Tower Flames are returning for a third tour of duty, fresh off consecutive championships in the C and B divisions (spring and summer) in 2005. In 2006, the Flames will be shifting to the Thursday B division.

In the offseason, the team lost the services of Ted O. and Mary Erclik to higher bidders. Mark Raso was recently sent overseas to the team's Danish farm team (which has been compared to the gulags of Russia) and is expected to return in 4-5 weeks. The Flames did announce the signing of Julia Peters this week whose passion for the game has been described as second to none. The personnel losses did nothing to faze the confidence of Kris Borg-Olivier for the team's season opener vs. the Bat Wings - "Don't worry - we'll win. I guarantee it."

As a result of higher than expected playoff revenues, the Flames were able to afford uniforms for the season - which will also be available for sale to its fans in limited quantities.

A potential clubhouse controversy was averted when one of the team's stars, Anthony, bowed to management pressure and agreed to give manager Ho a Rolex in exchange for the coveted #17 jersey. Ho said "I don't even wear a watch. I may just put it on Ebay."






The offseason brought further controversy as Manager Ho revealed his penchant for gambling in his autobiography, "Tomorrow I'll Be Perfect". He wrote - "I never bet on softball and I never bet on the Flames. I'm going to continue gambling. I like to gamble. It's really nobody's business." The commissioner's office cleared him of any wrong doing but warned him of associating with reputed mobsters from the Raso clan - who have been sighted at numerous Flames games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home